KARL LAGERFELD COMPANY PROFILE
At Karl Lagerfeld, we are driven by Karl’s mantra: “Embrace the present and invent the future”
The House of KARL LAGERFELD shares the creative vision and design aesthetic of its iconic founder, Karl Lagerfeld. Always contemporary and forward-looking.
We are the only fashion house that carries Karl’s name at its doorbell and we’re thriving to live up to this responsibility in everything we do, every day with lots of joy and passion.
Our headquarters in Paris and in Amsterdam are home to a very diverse and driven Karl family from more than 25 countries creating meaningful stories and product concepts that connect to Karl’s world and iconic attributes.
Women’s ready to wear, bags, small leather goods and underwear are managed directly from our Amsterdam HQ other categories including men’s wear, footwear, fragrances, eyewear and more are developed together with best in class license partners.
We connect with our consumers at multiple levels – online and offline hand in hand. We thrive to maximize consumer engagement via more than 200 KL stores worldwide, our premium wholesale partners and our strong digital footprint, spearheaded by our KARL.COM flagship store which reaches 96 countries. With digital channels representing already more than 30% of our overall full price business.
We are a dynamic, fast growing and inclusive company built on professionalism and strong values.
Across all areas of our business, at KARL LAGERFELD we commit working toward highest standards of sustainability and integrity. In 2019, KARL LAGERFELD joined as a founding member the Fashion Pact, a global sustainability initiative seeking to transform the fashion industry through objectives in three areas: climate, biodiversity and ocean protection.
We are currently looking for a full-time Visual Merchandising Intern from December/January onward for a minimum duration of 6 months. Who can provide support in day-to-day tasks within the Visual Merchandising department, covering both Full Price and Factory Outlet channels.
Key Responsibilities are:
- Support the roll out of upcoming projects and independent management/ownership of small-scale projects.
- Providing hands-on support for VM projects, dedicated product launches, showrooms and events. Travel required (dependent on COVID restrictions).
- Reviewing product buys and allocations, supporting develop VM strategy for each channel.
- Assisting the production and creation of VM tools such as VM Guidelines, newsletters, recap documents, training tools and presentations.
- Supporting, allocation and logistics for existing stores and new store openings.
- Market research of VM, styling and graphic trends.
- Administrative support and communication for office related tasks.
Skills, Eductaion and Experience:
- Bachelor in Visual Merchandising, Fashion Design/Buying or Graphic design but open to applicants from other backgrounds with VM experience.
- Language: fluent in English, both verbal and written.
- Strong knowledge and confidence in the use of Adobe Creative Suite: InDesign and Photoshop, Illustrator is a plus.
- Familiar with MS office
- Interest & passion for the fashion industry
- Able to work independently as well as in a team
- Organizational and co-ordinational skills
- Ability to meet deadlines in a very fast paced environment
- Flexibility, adaptability and a positive ‘can do’ attitude
- Eager to learn and develop
- Able to work in an international work environment
- Flexibility to travel
Due to Dutch law we can only review your application for an internship when you are enrolled at a university or other school program.