What You'll Do
You will help build & lead a team of Virtual Sales Specialists along with their respective regional leadership focused on Cisco’s Collaboration architecture. This includes Voice, Video, the WebEx portfolio of products, and more. You will work in Partnership across multiple regions and extended Cisco Teams for the Global Virtual Sales Specialist organization, part of the Global Collaboration Sales Organization.
You will be responsible for achieving key strategic objectives including quarterly and annual pipeline and bookings goals, and preparing your team to excel in specialist sales roles at Cisco. You will build strong relationships across your regional & extended teams, Partners, marketing and partner with the broader virtual demand center for lead and opportunity management all while working seamlessly in a matrixed environment to drive the best possible business outcomes for new and existing customers.
· Evolution of offers requires ongoing training, both for you and your team. Participate, host, and drive training engagement of your team to further expand you, and your teams, knowledge and skill set around Cisco’s products and solutions.
· Develop and maintain a deep understanding of the market and technology
· Conduct regular sessions to gauge knowledge of the team on the market and technology.
· Help VSSs build connections to other teams and stakeholders (ie. VSAM, LDRs, PSS, Engineering, marketing, Partners, etc)
· Enable and reward VSSs for engaging with a mentor as well as acting as a mentor to further develop the VSS expertise and skill set
· Design and implement a strategic sales plan that enables you to meet/exceed your regional sales goal and team based Key Strategic Objectives (KSOs)
· Share best practices and learn from other VSS managers in other regions
· Monitor and adjust your teams’ performance when things are not working and make adjustments to improve efficiency.
· Present accurate sales, revenue and expenses reports and realistic forecasts to the management team
· Work in partnership with BU stakeholders, Field sales Teams, Marketing, finance and more to optimize the Cisco Sales Experience
· Identify conversion rates, trends, linearities… in order to build a forecasting methodology that drives business predictability.
· Build a good workload balance among all team members considering the language capabilities and architecture focus.
· Conduct regular one-on-one sessions to coach your sellers, review improvements, trends, and performance
· Responsible for monitoring the funnel and workload of the VSSs and look for new revenue sources and/or new ideas for VSSs to increase revenue
· Identify emerging markets and market shifts while being fully aware of new products and competition status
Cross Functional Alignment
· Build and maintain deep cross functional Cisco and external relationships for effective partnering and provide feedback into the global program
· Assist in communication management to ensure transparency across the organization
· Bring feedback from customers to regional and global specialist leaders relative to gaps or opportunities in Cisco’s portfolio
Coaching & Training
· Own objectives setting, coaching and performance monitoring of sales representatives
· Actively participate in recruiting activities as needed
· Continually help your sales team grow and keep them motivated and engaged
· Create an award-winning working environment using the latest Cisco technology to enable and empower everyone on your team to perform to the very best of their abilities
· Track individual and team performance to ensure that the team is delivering desired results. Take necessary actions needed to improve performance.
Who You'll Work With
The Global Collaboration group is one of Cisco’s fastest growing sales specialist teams and is a Key growth driver for Cisco Sales overall with diverse and motivated teams that consistently deliver profitable growth.
We serve our customers through a series of selling motions to drive higher value and an optimal experience from Cisco solutions to drive relevant business outcomes. We are a global, dynamic team that brings excitement to the sales environment every day. We connect Cisco customers with solutions that can transform their businesses and change the world for the better.
You will discover a creative, flexible and award-winning working environment using the latest Cisco technology to enable and empower you to perform to the very best of your abilities. Our teams adapt to respond to market changes and are all highly encouraged to give back to our local communities.
Who You Are
You have a success-driven work ethic, ability to develop talent and history of strong performance in leading diverse teams in a dynamic, challenging and changing environment. You are at ease in driving your teams for their successful account planning and bookings forecasts. You thrive in a constantly evolving and rapidly changing landscape both internal and external.
We look for strong sales coaching skills, flexibility and a real passion for developing others, together with excellent communication skills and a dynamic work style.
Our Minimum requirements for this role:
· You have 5+ years sales experience, with 2-3 years leadership experience within the IT Industry
· You demonstrate a proven record of sales success
· Deep understanding of Collaboration Technologies & value propositions; preferably the Cisco Collaboration Portfolio
· You have effective business planning skills, pipeline review, resource & Partner management skills
· You are a strong coach with a passion for empowering Early in Career talent
· You possess strong relationship building skills
· You hold a bachelor’s degree or equivalent
As this will be managing our North team, we expect you to speak a language like Dutch, Danish or Swedish
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
We Are Cisco
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in their digital businesses. Some may think we’re "old" (36 years strong) and only about hardware, but we’re also a software company. And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what we do - you can’t put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don’t care. Tattoos? Show off your ink. Like polka dots? That’s cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are. Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with us!
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis.
Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.