Your tasks and responsibilities
The Project planner is responsible for creating, maintaining and continuously analysing the project schedule and ensures continuous collaboration with other project management roles (e.g. offshore development, financial controlling, risk management, quality management).
Tasks and responsibilities include:
• Maintaining and developing the overall project schedule of the 2GW DC project IJmuiden Ver;
• Scoping and planning of work packages together with project team, including the spatial planning and permitting phase;
• Deliver input for the project execution plan for the planning process;
• Developing different scenario's, applying probabilistic methods;
• Verifying and integrating third party schedules into the overall project schedule;
• Progress control: continuous control and coordination of work package delivery progress together with work package owners and project leads;
• Assessing progress reports of contractors and suppliers (including resource planning);
• Providing progress monitoring analyses and identifying bottlenecks;
• Changes: assessing scheduling impact of changes including analysing and visualizing scenarios;
• Proposing schedule alternatives in case of changes
• Providing scheduling input for management reports and supporting overall report deliveries;
• Continuously communicating overall project schedule and status to project team;
• Providing scheduling information for external communication purposes.
• Collaboration with other project management roles like Contract management (assess planning management processes contracted parties), Financial controlling (cash flow planning and earned value management), Procurement, Risk management (e.g. analysing schedule risks), Quality management, Interface management
• Interfaces identify and assess interfaces between work packages & third party activities.
• Bachelor or Master's degree
• Comfortable with planning at a strategic level, in initiation phase of the project (construction phase will start after 2022.)
• Comfortable dealing with internal and external politics
• Proactive, self-starter. Gathers all necessary information, analyses all tasks and schedules thoroughly.
• Eager to expedite, share and align with all involved work streams
• Experience with Primavera P6 and MS Office tools
• Preferably experienced with complex international projects in both initiation and construction phase
• Preferably experienced with engineering and construction contracts on client side
• Experience with offshore projects and/or high voltage grid projects is a plus
• Competences: analytical, structured, accurate, communicative skills (verbally and in writing), You have excellent communication and writing skills English. Dutch is a pré
TenneT is a solid stable employer that shows high growth, performing a crucial role in society. A company with one of the biggest investment programs in the country and relations with a wide range of institutions. Within TenneT, Offshore Wind is one of the most revolutionary developments with an attractive long term outlook. TenneT is globally a top offshore grid developer, being the biggest investor in the German energy transition. We offer a responsible function in salary schale 8, 40 days leave, 8% holiday allowance, 6% end of year bonus, €60 gross per month medical allowance, good pension scheme) within one of the most dynamic settings in the energy sector in a fascinating and dynamic international working environment.
- Duty station for this function is Arnhem
- An assessment can be part of the application procedure
- At entry, TenneT performs a Pre-Employment Screening
TenneT is Europe’s first cross-border grid operator for electricity. With approximately 21,000 kilometers of (Extra) High Voltage lines and 36 million end users in the Netherlands and Germany we rank among the top five grid operators in Europe. Our focus is to develop a north-west European energy market and to integrate renewable energy. Taking power further.
In September 2013, over 40 parties in The Netherlands agreed on the Energieakkoord, setting targets and intentions for the transition to a more renewable energy supply. Based on this agreement the decision to realize 3.500 MW of offshore wind energy. In 2019 the Roadmap 2030 has been published resulting in another 7.000 MW up to 2030. A roll-out strategy is being prepared for the medium term, including the IJmuiden Ver (DC) projects. The 2x2 GW submarine HVDC connection from offshore wind-farms in the North sea to the Dutch electricity grid.
We are currently looking for a quality and result driven and enthusiastic Project Planner