Methode Electronics, Inc. (NYSE: MEI) is an international engineering company headquartered in Chicago, IL, with over 6,500 employees worldwide. Since being established in 1946 as a single-product manufacturer, Methode has since expanded its business into industrial design, manufacturing & distribution and professional services. Our company's vision is to utilize our technical capabilities to deliver unique, turnkey solutions that provide genuine value for our customers and its shareholders. As a global developer of custom engineered, application specific products and solutions, we are able to bring our innovative technologies closer to the customers and markets we serve. Methode’s business is managed on a segment basis, with those segments being, Automotive, Medical, Industrial and Interface. The Company has components in the primary end markets of the automotive, Big Data, white goods, aerospace & defense, consumer electronics and healthcare industries. For additional information, www.methode.com.
This assignment is for an Electrical Engineer (electronic system of opto-mechatronic products) responsible for work in the development of new customer specific products. This person will be a member of core electronics design team. The projects are often different from project to project throughout the year. In each project, this person will be a part of a development team, which would include Electrical Engineers, Mechanical Engineers, Software Engineers, Systems Engineers and lab technicians. Creativity in problem solving, innovation in solutions developed, and teamwork are critical attributes for success in this assignment. The successful candidate will work closely within the engineering team, the project team, off-site Methode production facilities, and sales.
- Develop innovative and creative electrical system design solutions for lighting products which results in a competitive advantage for the company
- Test, analyze and package LED light solutions from concept or detailed specifications
- Assemble electrical and electronic systems and prototypes according to design engineering or customer input based on knowledge of electrical principles
- Build, calibrate, maintain, troubleshoot and repair electrical instruments and testing equipment
- Develop and maintain test plans for the electronic components projects
Current Product Improvement:
- Review current product and manufacturing processes for opportunities to improve cost, performance, reliability and manufacturability
- Develop technical documentation including component selection, schematics, Gerber files, etc. for contract manufacturers.
- Analyze and interpret test information to resolve technical issues in current applications.
Research & Development of New Technologies:
- Research and present new technologies that will allow the company to stay on the leading edge of lighting system technology
- Develop, demonstrate and present new lighting solutions for the commercial vehicle industry including interior general illumination, task lighting, accent lighting, backlighting and exterior lighting
- Fully understand the characteristics and measurement techniques of LED products
- Develop design guidelines and tools to support customers designing LED’s into their lighting systems
- Conduct optical analysis for various LED-based lighting system
- Bachelor degree or higher in Electrical Engineering with 5+ years of experience in designing electrical systems and solutions with LED sources or automotive lighting
- 3+ years experience design and development of board level electronics circuit design (analog and digital), schematics, component selection and manufacturing.
- Expert skills in client interaction and design support of LED applications
- Analytical skills to identify market trends and opportunities
- Knowledge of Altium, LTspice, Atmel Studio or similar software
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Ability to effectively multi-task, be self-motivated and work independently or as part of a team.
- Must possess good written and verbal communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly with technical and non-technical personal
Prefer knowledge in the following areas:
- Extensive knowledge in opto-electronics and high power LED’s desired
- Experience in design for human factor and ergonomic interaction
- Regulatory requirements as they may apply to new product development, such as ECE, SAE, FMVSS and ASTM requirements.
- Knowledge of quality concepts, including TS16949, continuous improvement, lean manufacturing, etc.
- Ability to design and implement technical documents for project specifications, proposals, cost analysis
- Good presentation skills: Ability to clearly and effectively communicate complex designs to other functional groups.
- Problem solving skills: Able to clearly identify the problem to be solved and communicate corrective actions.
- Ability to travel up to 10% of the time, both domestically and internationally
Methode Electronics is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, genetic information and other legally protected characteristics.
Interested applicants should send their cv in English to firstname.lastname@example.org