Additional Locations: Belgium-Diegem; Germany-Düsseldorf; Germany-Ratingen; Netherlands-Amsterdam; Netherlands-Arnhem; Netherlands-Maastricht; Netherlands-Nieuwegein
Purpose and Passion • Comprehensive Benefits • Life-Work Integration • Community • Career Growth
At Boston Scientific, you will find a collaborative culture driven by a passion for innovation that keeps us connected on the most essential level. With determination, imagination and a deep caring for human life, we’re solving some of the most important healthcare industry challenges. Together, we’re one global team committed to making a difference in people’s lives around the world. This is a place where you can find a career with meaningful purpose—improving lives through your life’s work.
The Principal Project Manager makes an impact by serving as a Project Manager on initiatives that improve the delivery capability and efficiency of Boston Scientific’s Global Customer Care Transformation. Ultimately, the Principal Project Manager champions a culture of value improvement through demonstrated results.
The Principal Project Manager will work with Customer Care members, Business Partners, and Customers to assess, execute, and monitor project transformation efforts to deliver improved service delivery capability and efficiency by
Delivering project results and deliverables on-time, on-budget through effective risk and project management, and by motivating and influencing others
- Project Type: System implementations, Process or Tool improvements (Lean/Kaizen)
- Project Scale: Generally global large-scale, cross-functional projects and potentially to work on more than one project at a time.
Program/Project Management and Execution
- Lead mid-sized to large scale complex cross-functional and international full life cycle implementation project teams.
- Develop and execute well-structured work plans, facilitate project and governance meetings, and use Project Management, Lean, and system implementation tools/methodologies
- Lead, oversee and influence others, especially to deliver projects on-time, on-budget, and to achieve/exceed the project goals
- Facilitate issue escalations and resolution via coordinating solution development across the project team, steering committee and key business stakeholders
- Handle project risks and challenges effectively in a self-directed manner.
- Facilitate the successful implementation of project recommendations
- Create solid business cases and selling messages to articulate the value proposition to advocate for and support the change
- Direct and/or indirect manage the budget of one or more projects/programs.
- Analyze root cause problems and processes by process mapping, assessing as-is metrics, quantifying project findings, benchmarking performance, and synthesizing results.
- Recommend and implement methods to sustain improvements through metric and control monitoring.
- Make continuous improvement recommendations and present project conclusions to businesses, functions and management by leveraging leading practices, monitoring performance metrics, and benchmarking performance across end-to-end business processes
- Work with businesses and other customer care leaders to proactively identify, prioritize, facilitate and lead operational improvement initiatives
- Coach others on the principles and tools of Project Management and Lean with the ability to share examples across end-to-end processes, offer alternatives, and provide constructive feedback to create a culture of continuous improvement throughout Boston Scientific
- Ability to manage and inspire a cross-functional global team
- Demonstrate proficiency effectively presenting complex topics in an easy-to-understand manner and facilitating meetings with with Directors, Vice Presidents, and Business owners
- Seek to focus on increasing service capability offered by the Customer Care organization and other areas of the business working as a team member and help lead larger projects which improve global delivery capabilities
- Monitor and ensure compliance with company policies and procedures
Minimum Education and Experience (or Equivalent):
- Bachelor’s Degree (Engineering, IT or Business). Master’s degree preferred.
- 5+ years of experience working and leading project initiatives; potentially in a consulting capacity.
- Prior experience leading cross-functional projects with comfort managing and working with teams both in-person and virtually.
- 5+ years of business experience using a full life-cycle project management methodology (Waterfall, Agile, SCRUM, etc), including the application of change management principles (Kotter)
- Functional knowledge of the order to cash business processes is an asset.
Core Skills: Superior problem solving skills, solid requirements gathering, critical thinking skills, leadership qualities, executive influencing skills, communication and consulting skills, team/interpersonal skills, and strong Operations (Supply Chain, Customer Care) and/or IT background, ability to quickly learn and assertively engage with resources at all levels within the organization, global awareness and sensitive to multiple cultures.
Project and Change Management Experience: Project planning, portfolio management, change management, business case development and experience using change management and system implementation methodologies. Prior experience leading systems implementation projects through the full life-cycle preferred. PMP certification is an asset
Systems Experience: Experience partnering with the Information Systems department and managing system implementation projects, SAP, Customer Services systems (e.g. EDI, Esker, Service Cloud, etc), Understanding of workflow tools, MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project, Visio).
Services Experience: Service management, operational metrics and scorecards, and experience within a progressive global shared services operating model (preferred).
- Lean Experience: Preferably exposure or involvement in Kaizen facilitation and execution process mapping, and ability to identify, prioritize, and implement continuous improvement ideas and initiatives. Lean Green or Black Belt is an asset.
- PC literacy: Interested and ability to quickly learn and productively use new software applications.
- Language: Fluent in English. An additional language is an asset.
- Travel: Occasional, limited travel to other BSC sites may be required
About Global Customer Care Transformation Program
be the indispensable trusted partner driving global customer value and loyalty.
- Developing a winning team using a global talent pool
- Anticipating customer needs to advocate end-to-end business improvements
- Fostering a culture of innovation and continuous improvement
- Creating a global technology plan to ensure process-agility
- Supporting the BSC commercial strategy with field inventory capabilities that align customer value with profitable growth
- Enabling and driving global cross-functional partnerships to share and standardize best practices.
In order to
improve patient lives, enhance customer satisfaction and positively contribute to BSC's financial performance.
As a global medical technology leader for more than 35 years, our mission at Boston Scientific (NYSE: BSX) is to transform lives through innovative medical solutions that improve the health of patients. If you’re looking to truly make a difference to people both around the world and around the corner, there’s no better place to make it happen.
Requisition ID: 472883