Your tasks and responsibilities
As Risk Manager you will be responsible for radically reshaping the way that risk management is carried out at ITF and for facilitating and monitoring the execution thereof. You will be responsible for identifying both the ways in which risk management processes should be expanded and changed and the appropriate roadmap/plans for introducing these changes across ITF. You will convince stakeholders and then implement and execute to the roadmap/plans and processes that you developed.
Topics you will work on will among others include:
- Expanding the risk management process and design risk management policies at operational level from process, project and service perspective to drive and structure risk based thinking and working in those areas;
- Improving the way in which risks are categorized, aligned, and aggregated (risk universe) within ITF and helping to drive this more widely across TenneT; Improving the use (GRC) tools in support of the risk management processes;
- Phasing the implementation of changes, balancing the organizations capacity to execute, compliance requirements, and other factors;
- Fostering the further implementation and alignment of controls in ITF processes;
- More general fostering of risk management awareness and risk based thinking across the ITF organization.
As Risk Manager you will report to the head of the Information Management Office department, but functionally you also have a dotted line with both the Lead Information Security Officer and the Quality Officer. You will also have close contact with the Business Controller.
You will have a lot of contact with project managers, process managers, service managers, and the management to which they report. You will also coordinate directly with your counterparts in other parts of the TenneT organization. Stakeholder management is therefore a very important part of your role, and must be something you enjoy.
As critical infrastructure provider, information security is a very important risk area. As Risk Manager is you will be part in the ITF Security Management Team (SMT), filing the information security risk manager role. As such, you will work actively with others in the ITF SMT, and also with your counterparts in other TenneT units.
- At least 5 years of relevant risk management experiences e.g. built directly in risk management functions and/or in internal control, audit or security management roles in which risk management was a very significant aspect;
- Proven track record of successfully designing and deploying risk management programs;
- A sound understanding of risk management related standards and frameworks, established through professional training and evidenced via relevant certifications;
- Experience working in a GRC tool is highly desirable. Experience with Active Risk Manager and/or Adonis is a pre;
- Sound functional management and consulting skills, including strong organizational sensitivity, able to make a difference
- The ability to motivate, persuade and to build strong relationships with (IT and business) stakeholders at all levels and in all areas;
- The ability to structure and steer in combination with a hands-on can-do mentality;
- Strong English language skills, verbally and in writing (Strong Dutch and/or German is a pre).
TenneT offers a high profile and responsible function within an interesting and dynamic international working environment. TenneT offers an excellent salary with good secondary benefits. Last but not least we also offer good training and development possibilities.
You will receive a salary with excellent secondary conditions as regulated by the sector-CAO TSO such as:
- Salarisindication: Scale 9, €3.735,- - €7.601,- gross per month based on 40 hours per week (depending on knowledge and experience);
- 43 vacation days;
- year end payment (6% of gross year salary);
- contribution of € 60,- gross per month for health insurance;
- flexible working hours and working at home is possible;
- An assessment can be part of the procedure.
- At entry, TenneT performs a VOG and additional background screening.
The unit Information Technology and Facility Management (ITF) develops and delivers the IT and facilities services that enable the TenneT organization to optimally operate, build, collaborate and innovate and, thereby, plays a critical role in enabling TenneT to meet its strategic objectives.
ITF wants to make a next step in its application of "risk based working", driving it further down into the individual services at operational level.