BLACK BOX is growing! We are looking for an experienced Business Development Manager based in Benelux!
The Business Development Manager for ISI is focused on the development of customer relationships, sales opportunities within new and dormant accounts to Black Box. Strategically-minded, the BDM will prospect, build relationships, and develop and close sales opportunities within new accounts.
As this position is focused on the pursuit, acquisition and nurturing of ‘new logos’, the BDM will support the account beyond the initial opportunity wins, and will pursue other new prospects for Black Box as well as nurturing the relationship with all accounts.
- Identify prospects, and establish relationships with new customers and dormant accounts. Specifically, the BDM will target larger organizations, with a primary focus on Fortune 1000 prospects.
- Manage all aspects of the company’s sales efforts within assigned accounts
- Connect client’s business objectives with Black Box offerings and solutions
- Strong and demonstrable understanding of IT consumption models (i.e. Cloud & subscription)
- Provide expertise around industry best practices and alignment to customer strategies
- Interface and strategize with IT ecosystem partners in support of new business development
- Lead RFP responses for delivery to customers and prospects
- Accurately enter customer and prospect information, sales opportunity updates and forecast information into the CRM system.
- Maintain professional knowledge and development with self-investment in learning, attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; and participation in professional societies
- Position Black Box solutions to close profitable business; driving the entire sales cycle from prospecting to closing sales within the developing accounts, with the goal of achieving and exceeding the assigned quota/goals.
- Prospect into new accounts in a defined target market. Participate in a variety of client-facing events, including meetings, trade shows, industry conferences, etc.
- Works with Black Box’s marketing resources to act upon qualified leads, and to produce relevant, targeted materials to facilitate the sales processes.
- Seek opportunities to cross-sell and up-sell to the client by introducing additional solutions that will enable the customer’s success.
- Develop strategic pursuit plans. Engages with other internal sales professionals (direct and overlay), solutions experts, engineering when appropriate to actively drive pursuit opportunities.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree with 5+ years’ experience direct enterprise or strategic business solutions selling or relevant overall experience. A degree is not required as long as there is relevant experience.
- Successful experience in developing new accounts within the technology/business services sector, with proven success in doing within large orgnaisations.
- Experience in implementing/executing sales strategies following the Challenger model is desired.
- Ability to travel 75% of the time, and must reside in close proximity to a geographically-advantageous major airport.
- Proven record of meeting/exceeding established sales and profit goals ($5M+ Quota)
- Solution selling experience in IT services (Cloud, Software, Subscription, Security, UC, AV, Network, Managed Services, Consulting, Data Center) to enterprise accounts
- Established relationships with partners in this space (i.e. Cisco)
- Experience in managing all aspects of the sales process
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
Job responsibilities and requirements are subject to change at any time due to business conditions or any other reason.
Black Box is a leading technology solutions provider. Our mission is to accelerate our customers’ business by valuing relationships with our team members, clients and stakeholders. By continuously growing our knowledge, we remain relevant in the market and are in a superior position to help customers design, deploy and manage their IT infrastructure. Through our values, such as innovation, ownership, transparency, respect and open-mindedness, we deliver high-value products and services through our global presence and 2,500+ team members in 24 countries and growing. Black Box is a wholly-owned subsidiary of AGC Networks.
Black Box is an equal opportunity employer. Black Box does not discriminate against individuals on the basis of race, color, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, religion, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other protected status, and endorses those policies and practices which seek to recruit, hire, train and promote the most qualified persons into available jobs.