Your tasks and responsibilities
In the role of Project Manager Cable Offshore Operations you will be responsible for managing complex maintenance and repair projects of TenneT's Grid Field Operations Offshore department of our offshore grid connection systems in Germany and the Netherlands.
- The key objective of your job is to successfully set up, control & monitor as well as close out technical projects with a strong focus on our cable infrastructure (on- and offshore cable repairs / seabed surveys) under consideration of safety, budget, quality and time
- You will lead and coordinate the interdisciplinary project team while managing interfaces to our stakeholders, in particular the close cooperation with our grid connection managers and the involvement of the technical specialists
- You are responsible for the preparation of project reports, change requests and decision proposals that you present to the project sponsors and steering committees
- Conducting risk management by identifying risks, analyzing impacts and implementing mitigation plans is party of your day-to-day job
- To guarantee a successful project life-cycle, you will be responsible for ensuring compliance with permits, regulations, specifications, project requirements and contract content, and finally that the technical handover documentation is meeting TenneT´s requirements
- You have several years of professional work experience as a project manager of complex projects focusing on HV cable infrastructure
- You ideally have proven knowledge of the offshore industry, are experienced in offshore vessel-based survey operations and are familiar with ESRI ArcGIS
- You preferably hold an academic degree in Geo-Sciences or a technical field of study with geo-science / engineering background
- You have a valid project management certification, ideally IPMA D, PMP or higher
- As our projects and teams are managed internationally, you should be fluent in English and preferably have good proficiency in German or Dutch
- You show willingness to travel in Europe. Your suitability for offshore work according to the AWMF standard is required and will be examined by our company doctor Required competences
- You show very good communication skills and are able to adapt to a variety of audiences; you have very good influencing and relationship management skills and are able to cope with conflicting interests
- At TenneT, ownership, courage and connection are at the heart of everything we do, therefore, these principles should also shape your way of working
- You are enthusiastic to shape our future setup and the maintenance and repair strategy of our HV cable assets based on your experience and lessons learned
TenneT offers a challenging and responsible position, under the "CAO TSO", within an innovative and dynamic international working environment. We offer a competitive salary package (job grade 8, EUR 3.175 - EUR 6.746,- on a fulltime basis) with excellent secondary benefits (40 days off, 6% end of year bonus, EUR 60,- contribution to healthcare insurance, good pension scheme) as well as good training and development possibilities. This role will require extensive travel, both on land and offshore, and will in require onshore office work as well as offshore deployment ranging from single day deployments up to bi-weekly rotations during extended periods of time. Furthermore: An assessment can be part of the application procedure. At entry, TenneT performs a Pre-Employment Screening. Candidates from the so called 'pre-mobility group' prevail over other internal candidates when having sufficient capabilities. If anyone from the pre-mobility group applies within the prescribed period, the procedure will first be performed with this candidate.
- An assessment can be part of the application procedure
- At entry, TenneT performs a Pre-Employment Screening
- Candidates from the so called 'pre-mobility group' prevail over other internal candidates when having sufficient capabilities. If anyone from the pre-mobility group applies within the prescribed period, the procedure will first be performed with this candidate
TenneT is Europe’s first cross-border grid operator for electricity. With approximately 23,000 kilometers of (extra) high-voltage lines and 42 million end-users in the Netherlands and Germany, we rank among the top five grid operators in Europe. Our focus is to develop a North-West European energy market, to integrate renewable energy, and to optimize our safety performance. Safety is a core value of TenneT. We set high standards, for our employees as well as our contractors. Taking power further. TenneT is a certified Top Employer, which means that we are demonstrably committed to creating the best working environment for our employees.
TenneT is making a major contribution to ensure that offshore wind farms are connected to the onshore high-voltage grid. These efforts are aimed at realizing the government’s vision of an accelerated transition to a sustainable energy supply. TenneT is fully committed to develop, build and manage grid connections from offshore wind farms to the onshore transmission grid. Grid Service Offshore is the Service Provider for these grid connections. To strengthen our organisation we are looking for a Project Manager Cable – Offshore.