Why is Gartner Consulting an organization unlike any other? Our consultants are technology and business thought leaders for the 21st century. With the full scope of Gartner’s renowned research and capabilities to draw from, our consultants are committed to turning those insights into actionable solutions for our clients. That’s where you come in. We’re committed to attracting the most creative, talented, and motivated associates to bring our world-class consultancy to the next level. When you join Gartner Consulting, you’ll lead the most innovative business and technology efforts in the marketplace today. You’ll work across Gartner to help senior leaders and their teams execute their most strategic initiatives and achieve lasting results - all within the context of a rapidly evolving digital economy.
Interested in learning more, view and register for any of our upcoming recruiting events here!
Managing Partner - PUBLIC SECTOR
Public Sector IT Strategy Consulting and Digital Transformation
Backed with the insight of Gartner Research and the extended reach of Events, Gartner’s Consulting business helps clients in a wide range of industries speed up their agendas and stay ahead of the digital curve. Due to increasing demand, the Public Sector practice is growing its leadership team in the Netherlands.
The Managing Partner will be responsible for Gartner Consulting’s relationship with a portfolio of Public Sector accounts within Public Sector bodies based in the Netherlands.
As a Managing Partner, you’ll advise clients at the highest strategic level with big-picture and tactical guidance on how technology enables a wide range of outcomes and increases societal value.
Responsibilities of the role:
Your main goal is to continue to build the business in the Dutch Public sector by marrying Gartner’s key insights to clients’ critical objectives and help them:
- Achieve mission critical objectives;
- Develop best of breed Transformation strategies;
- Reach their organisations’ strategic goals.
Reporting to the EMEA Public Sector Industry Lead, you’ll be in charge of driving sales, delivery, relationship equity and margin within a defined account portfolio. You’ll use all your skills — to sell, strategize, and oversee the high-quality delivery of Gartner Consulting solutions.
The successful candidate will:
- Continue to build the Public Sector business in the Netherlands via impactful engagements and professional leadership
- Articulate to clients (GDs, CIOs, CTOs, CEOs, CMOs, CDOs and other leaders) the breadth and depth of Gartner Consulting Solutions
- Build accounts over time, resulting in a business stream driven by growing client relationship and trusted advisor status
- Execute account planning
- Lead, grow and coach associates
- Interact and cooperate with key stakeholders in other Business Units to ensure full impact of Gartner’s full-service portfolio
- Drive strategic deals
- Lead pursuit development efforts
- Strengthen current solutions and develop new solutions based on account and territory strategy, as well as demand
- Where appropriate personally deliver impactful contributions to engagements
- Oversee and coach to deliver projects on time, on budget with minimal risk
- Manage engagements at or above Gross Margin target
- Promote Gartner solutions and brand to generate greatest client value in accordance to regional, EMEA and global strategies
- Be expected to live up to Gartner Consulting’s Global Public Sector values:
o Client Focus: Our singular objective is to improve the value of government to our citizens
o Excellence: We strive for distinctive excellence in everything we do and create impactful outcomes for our clients
o Trust: We are trusted with integrity, authority, independence and objectivity
o Teamwork: Our culture is one of personal responsibility, collaboration, creativity, and growth
o Stewardship: We are meticulous about maintaining the Gartner brand, unique style, and organizational character
- A passion for the Public Sector and its mission
- Excellent knowledge of, and experience working with, Public Sector bodies in the Netherlands
- Proven ability to sell and lead delivery of complex technology-driven advisory engagements
- Track record of meeting consulting sales objectives for at least 3 years (including sales target, win rate and deal size)
- Experience selling and leading strategy engagements at a top tier consulting firm
- Experience with using research to provide client value
- Ability to drive Gartner Consulting value proposition and skilled in a relevant solution area, including, but not limited to:
o CIO Strategy and IT Strategy;
o Digital Transformation;
o Technology Cost Optimization (including benchmarking);
o Infrastructure & Operational Excellence;
o Enterprise Architecture;
o Best of Breed Working methodologies (Agile, DevOps);
o Security and Risk Management techniques;
o Business Intelligence;
o Insight and Analytics.
- Mentoring skills to nurture future client developers and delivery consultants
- International experience
Job Requisition ID:48565
By submitting your information and application, you confirm that you have read and agree to the country or regional recruitment notice linked below applicable to your place of residence.
Gartner Applicant Privacy Link: https://jobs.gartner.com/applicant-privacy-policy
For efficient navigation through the application, please only use the back button within the application, not the back arrow within your browser.