Your tasks and responsibilities
What is your role as Advisor Physical Security?
As a Physical Security Advisor within the corporate SSC unit, you are responsible to develop, coordinate and evaluate physical security themes. Together with colleagues you are responsible for developing, maintaining, implementing and monitoring physical security policies and directives for TenneT (Germany and the Netherlands). You give advice to line- and project management on physical security. You follow the developments in physical security and you act as a focal point for both internal and external stakeholders. You work within a team consisting of both Dutch and German cyber/physical security advisors. In addition you are co-responsible for the crisis management system, helping to develop policy and directives on this theme.
• Develop, maintain and evaluate physical security policy, directives and plans in accordance with relevant laws and company standards
• Support TenneT departmental Information Security Officers in implementing the physical security directives
• As an internal consultant, support TenneT projects with the implementation of physical security requirements
• Perform physical security threat and risk analyses and support departmental physical security risk analyses activities
• Operate together with Coordinator Security with regards to operational security services
• Perform security training and crisis management trainings towards specialists
• Advise and discuss with senior management on physical security topics
The Advisor Physical Security reports directly to the Security Lead, within the unit Safety & Security.
• You have preferably a Master degree in security or in another relevant area
• You have preferably 5-7 or more years of experience in physical security management within Dutch and/or German organisations, focusing on managing processes rather than hard-core security technology
• You have experience with working within an ISO27001 information security management system environment
• You have experience with training teams
• You have excellent analytical and consultancy skills
• You are someone who takes the initiative and acts in an innovative way
• You must be able to work both in a (international) team and on an individual basis
• You are able to communicate on all organizational levels and are able to build bridges and convince people
• You have a can-do mentality, you work towards clear deliverables within the agreed deadline
• You are aware of the latest developments, trends, risks and methods in physical security, and you have knowledge of relevant laws and regulations in physical security
• Knowledge on security technology is a pré
• You are more than able to cope with stressful and rapidly changing situations
• Good language skills on English, German and Dutch (writing and speech)
TenneT offers a high profile and responsible function within an interesting and dynamic working environment. TenneT offers an excellent salary (TenneT level 8 between €3287 and €6746) with good secondary benefits, for instance more than 40 days of paid leave, a contribution of €60 to your health insurance and a contribution to your sports subscription. TenneT also offers good training and development possibilities.
An assessment can be part of the procedure.
Duty station for this function is Arnhem (NL) or Bayreuth (D). You will be travelling on a regular basis in both Netherlands and Germany.
For this function governmental (NL/GER) pre-employment screening is mandatory.
The unit Safety and Security (SSC) is responsible for a clear policy and strategy on all Safety, Health, Environment (SHE), (cyber) security & crisis management within the TenneT organization.