Aglobal high frequency trading firm with three locations in Chicago, London, & New York City, with top tier technology seeks a senior leader to partner with highly motivated individuals while managing all aspects of a team including deploying profitable strategies in US, European, and/or Asian asset classes of equities, ETF’s, futures, and/or options with passion and integrity. Strategies could include analysis and modeling oforder book microstructure, order flow, cross asset information, time series, momentum, mean-reversion, volatility, correlation, etc.
Strategies will utilize the fastest tick to trade infrastructure.This infrastructure includes optimized connectivity within the exchange data center, microwave, and the fastest available intercontinental fiber connectivity between exchange data centers. In addition, the use of FPGA deployment throughout, and storage of all data flowing in and out of exchanges and within infrastructure time stamped at nanosecond resolution. The firm will provide years of accurately time stamped tick data, quantitative analysts, and support from both software and hardware development teams.
Firm is extremely cooperative, collaborative, innovative, intellectually stimulating, and respectful. In addition, the firm is highly competitive in the industry and seeks to continue building toward being the best liquidity provider in the world. Unlike a lot of other firms our traders work closely with our dedicated technology team in developing and enhancing existing strategies. The right person for the role will play a key part in building our Amsterdam office.
- Degree Bachelor’s Degree from a 4-year university
- Computer Science, Software Engineering, or related technical field
- Strong GPA (3.5 or higher)
- 3-5+ years working experience in high volume electronic / systematic / high frequency trading
- Outstanding and consistent Return on Capital (ROC)
- Familiarity with numerous trades in areas such as equities, treasuries, metals, ETFs,futures, or options
- Demonstrated the ability to use sound judgment and maturity while trading and managing a large risk capital book
- Knowledge of generating trades from data driven analysis
- Experience holding team members accountable for driving results
- Experience back testing strategies including microstructure research
- Practical experience in applying advanced machine learning techniques to trading problems
- Advanced quantitative, research and statistical skills with a tenacity to create or find a powerful, sophisticated strategy and solution at a medium to high frequency
- Aptitude and experience in developing, monetizing, and evolving high frequency algorithms
- Extremely analytical and probabilistic mindset with superb problem solving skills
- Confident vision of building and leading teams driven to compete and win
- Motivation and resourcefulness in quickly solving hard problems through the creative application of technology
- Ability to manage numerous trading development priorities with ease
- Ability to facilitate collaboration with team members and other departments in order to drive productivity
- Values teamwork and is capable of thinking independently
- Ability to generate trading ideas and design overall strategies at a high level using the tools available
- Willing to learn the intricacies of a world-class high-frequency trading floor environment and know how to contribute in a meaningful manner
- Ability to adapt to challenging and changing situations
- Strong mathematical aptitude and entrepreneurial mind
- Programming proficiency in C++ and/or Python
- Working knowledge of TensorFlow and Pytorch is a plus
- Experience with Slurm or another distributed compute cluster environment
- Excellent verbal communication including during under pressure situations
Please note: only individuals whose qualifications match our current needs will be contacted for additional screening and/or interviews.XR Trading does not hire candidates who are currently on a student visa or who now or in the future will require XR to sponsor them for employment visa. Individual must be an EU citizen and live in or in daily commuting distance to Amsterdam.
We thank you for your interest in XR Trading.