Senior PIC Engineer
EFFECT Photonics is a cutting-edge developer of high-speed optical transceivers for communication networks based on Photonic Integrated technology. Our teams are made up of enthusiastic and energetic employees who all share a passion for developing and creating disruptive technology that will carry the internet of the future. The combination of the international character with the diversity, depth, and expertise of the teams make EFFECT an exciting working environment.
We are looking for an experienced Senior PIC Engineer with expertise in organizing design verification activities, simulation and design of PICs and maintaining documentation. You will be working in the R&D department in Eindhoven, as part of the PIC team. This team consists out of 11 people and in this role you will lead a small technical group (~3 persons).
- Leading a small technical team (~3 persons) within the larger PIC team
- Growing your technical team by hiring new candidates
- Take the lead in root-cause analysis efforts with a cross-functional team
- Effectively communicate design information with other teams within Effect
- Run projects independently
- Independently work on building block design, simulation and circuit analysis
- Develop, document and execute test procedures for PIC designs
- Perform signal integrity analysis
- Analyse measured data, compare with simulations and prepare reports
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to create test plans for concept, design and production release validation testing
Required knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Strong technical knowledge in indium phosphide photonic integrated circuit design and operation, or a related integrated optics field
- A good understanding of fabrication methods and limitations of InP based PICs
- Experience in the use of mode solvers and optical propagation simulation methods such as BPM, FDTD, EME
- Experience with test equipment such as optical spectrum analysers, tuneable lasers, source meters
- Working knowledge of high-speed integrated opto-electronic components (modulators, PDs, transmission lines)
- Self-reliant, can work independently
- Excellent organizational and communication skills
- Good time management skills
- Support and train junior team members
- Able to work in and lead cross-function teams
What do we have to offer?
- Working in an exciting scale-up environment;
- Working on state-of-the-art technology;
- Being part of a very enthusiastic, international, and highly skilled team;
- Develop your own skills and contribute to a company that is in full development;
- A competitive salary;
- Stock Appreciation Rights (SAR stock program);
- A pension scheme;
- 28 paid vacation days and 8 bank holidays (Christmas, Easter etc);
- Free drinks and snacks in the office.
For more information regarding this position please send your question to email@example.com. No agencies!