Senior Consultant Rotating Electrical Machines
Is it your ambition to contribute to ensuring a safe, secure, sustainable and reliable electricity supply? Then you have found the right organization!
Weâ€™re looking for a SeniorConsultant Rotating Electrical Machines who wants to support our clients world-wide to improve the asset management performance of their rotating electrical machines and what surrounds them.
Your tasks and responsibilities:
As Senior Consultant Rotating Electrical Machines you will have a diverse role, in which you will be advising clients on all technical aspects related to their rotating electrical machines. This may include ancillary systems, control and protection, and electrical supply schemes
In this role, you will:
- Write and review technical specifications for new build, repair and maintenance of electrical machines
- Advise on quality issues (QA/QC)
- Consult on asset management issues, including condition assessment monitoring and diagnostics, maintenance, and (partial) replacement
- Execute basic electric measurements and analyze the results of measurements performed by third parties
- Perform Power Failure Investigations / Root Cause Analysis in the field and in our laboratories
We looking for an enthusiast team player with strong technical background and a hands-on mentality who likes to work in a divers team and get the job done. Flexibility, analytical power and a creative, open but also critical mind are essential characteristics.
- You have at least a Bachelor in Electrical Engineering or in Mechanical Engineering
- You have at least 10 years of work experience in the area of rotating electrical machines
- You have good Dutch and English writing skills; knowledge of the German and French language are a preference
- You have experience as a project manager and the ability to lead (inter)national projects
- You have oversight of maintenance, reliability and asset management issues in rotating machines
- Knowledge of, or experience with mechanics, process technology, instrumentation and control, electrical grid studies, protection, and ATEX / explosion safety are more than welcome
- Knowledge of Power Transformers and/or Switch-and controlgear is highly valued
- You like to travel abroad which will be about 20% of your time; most of your visits will be to countries in Europe but also the Middle East, Asia and Africa are possible destinations
- You can write clear and high-quality reports and commercial offers for target audiences that are both technical and managerial.
- You have an existing and growing professional network in the energy industry.
Weâ€™re offering a challenging, varied and responsible job in a dynamic and international environment
- You will be part of a professional team (200 committed professionals) that holds a leading position worldwide, executing projects for Dutch and Belgian clients, and - in co-oporation with other DNV-offices - in Europe, the Middle East and Asia for our clients abroad
- Your home office will be our Energy Systems headquarters in Arnhem, The Netherlands
Naturally, the position is rewarded appropriately, including good fringe benefits such as a permanent contract, 38-hour work week, option to sell or buy extra leave days, excellent pension scheme and expense allowance.
A career in DNV GL is not just a job. It is an extraordinary opportunity to develop and enrich your life and make more of a global impact than you ever believed possible.
We have an enviable client list â€“ we work with the biggest names out there. Whether we work with renowned companies, innovative startups or joint industry projects, you will get a chance to utilize your expertise together with specialists from a wide range of disciplines.
LEARN AND GROW
We have culture that will broaden your view and deepen your skills. Every year we invest 5% of our revenue on research and development. We also invest strongly in competence development and progression for our people. From on the job learning to joining networks, receiving coaching and participating in training programs, we help to support you progress.
MAKE AN IMPACT
Joining us is an opportunity to make the world a better place. Employees in DNV GL feel strongly about the companyâ€™s Purpose to "safeguard life, property and the environmentâ€. This is our reason for being since our formation in 1864. Our Vision to be â€œa trusted voice to tackle global transformationsâ€, gives our people direction and expresses what we would like to accomplish in the long term.
BE INSPIRED AND ENRICHED
You will be part of a culture that embrace the values of caring, daring and sharing. These are the three core values that shape our performance; We care for each other, our customers, our planet, and we take care of ourselves. We dare to explore, to experiment, to be different, and to be courageous, curious, and creative. We share our experience and knowledge. We collaborate with each other and our customers, and we continue to grow and develop as a result.
Our benefits package is specifically designed to support your physical, financial and social well-being.
- Receive a competitive compensation package
- Get secured for the future with our pension scheme, profit share, health care and wellness benefits
- Enjoy the flexibility to handle your work in a way that suits you and your lifestyle
- Work with some of the most engaging and competent colleagues in the industry
- Receive guidance from colleagues around the globe through coaching, mentoring and networks
- Advance your skills and expertise, through individual development plans and tailored training
- Develop your managerial skills, by going through our state-of-the-art leadership programs
- Be part of a world renowned and growing organization with origins dating back to 1864.
DNV is the independent expert in assurance and risk management, operating in more than 100 countries. Through our broad experience and deep expertise we advance safety and sustainable performance, set industry benchmarks, and inspire and invent solutions.
We provide assurance to the entire energy value chain through our advisory, monitoring, verification, and certification services. As the world's leading resource of independent energy experts and technical advisors, we help industries and governments to navigate the many complex, interrelated transitions taking place globally and regionally, in the energy industry. We are committed to realizing the goals of the Paris Agreement, and support all stakeholders to transition faster to a deeply decarbonized energy system.Equal Opportunity Statement:
DNV is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to gender, religion, race, national or ethnic origin, cultural background, social group, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age or political opinion. Diversity is fundamental to our culture and we invite you to be part of this diversity!