Sonder is revolutionizing hospitality through innovative, tech-powered service and inspiring, thoughtfully designed accommodations combined into one seamlessly managed experience. Officially launched in 2014 and headquartered in San Francisco, Sonder is making a world of better stays open to all with a variety of accommodation options — from rooms to suites and apartments — found in more than 30 cities spanning eight countries and three continents. Sonder's innovative app empowers guests by making self-service features and 24/7 on-the-ground support just a tap away. From simple self check-in to boutique bathroom amenities, we bring the best of a hotel without any of the formality.
Sonder is looking for a person who is able to manage day-to-day procurement operations for our growing EMEA team and be the face of Procurement to our vendors and internal business partners. The ideal candidate will understand third party risk processes, full cycle vendor management and have a strong understanding of purchase-to-pay processes. Likewise, candidates must have experience with prior eProcurement implementations. This role will report to the Director of Procurement and Strategic Sourcing.
AT SONDER YOU WILL:
- Oversee the day-to-day PO approvals and tasks of the Procurement team
- Negotiate direct and indirect agreements across multiple business lines and product catalogs
- Support the 2022 implementation of Coupa for EMEA
- Be the primary point of entry and review on all new requests from a vendor screening perspective. In this role you will be the key point of engagement for vendors and business owners as they assess the security, IT, legal, and financial engagement with potential vendors
- Define and build Procurement Operations playbooks and SOPs for EMEA
- Partner and update the Procurement policy for contextual additions to Brexit and EMEA matters
- Partner and support Accounts Payable in receiving transaction volumes and ensuring invoices are processed against PO's.
- Define and own from concept to maturity the Request For Proposal (RFP) process, establishing templates, supplier scorecards, and supporting components for business partners, project managers to use in their vendor assessments
- Have a 'continuous improvement' mindset and review and realize process improvements enhancements both project-wide and quick wins that seek to streamline the vendor submission, review, and approval process in our Asana and Coupa systems
- Be able to lead negotiations and realize savings on vendors negotiations up to $500,000 in contract value
- Partner and collaborate with FP&A, Accounts Payable, Compliance, and Legal on all cross-functional requests and be thoughtful in cross-department collaboration
WHAT WE LOOK FOR:
- Bachelor's degree in business, finance, supply chain management, or logistics preferred, but not required
- Proven professional experience in a business operations role, vendor management office, or procurement team
- Knowledge of sourcing and procurement techniques as well as experience working with third-party procurement management software, ideally NetSuite and Coupa
- Experience with process improvement, business transformation
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, ability to communicate effectively with personnel across multiple levels of the organization
- Understanding of legal contracting and compliance process and having worked closely with those teams
- Understanding of Sourcing and Procure-to-Pay processes, including but not limited to eProcurement, prepaids, accruals, fixed assets, strategic sourcing, and IT equipment expense management
- Willingness to lead initiatives and be a catalyst for company wide change and transformation
We also have great benefits to make your life easier so you can focus on what you're best at:
- Competitive salary
- Generous stock option plan
- Annual free credits and discounts to stay in Sonders
- A company with a huge vision, a dynamic work environment, and a team of smart, ambitious and fun to work-with colleagues!
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status or other protected classes