Process Transfer Scientist
NL07 Lonza Netherlands B.V.
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
For our Geleen site we are looking for a Process Transfer Scientist to join our MSAT team. Process Transfer Support Scientist exhibits high level of independently in executing process transfer activities and has high level of knowledge in cell and gene therapies (CGT )specific technologies. This function supports ongoing Technology Transfers (TT) at different stages and provides project specific training to the junior team members as part of onboarding training.
- Provides support to different TT activities, including participation in the pilot runs, ERs, review of the BRMs and supporting the designated scientist when there is a peak of activities.
- Coaches the new Process Transfer scientists on the dynamic of the TT, by supporting during onboarding period.
- Leads conclusion of the TT phase when there is a lack of process transfer scientist
- Leads the implementation of the process transfer related procedures, e.g. global alignment
- Leads the (global) investigations on malfunctioning materials/systems
- Supports completion of the major investigations during TTs
- Provides support for post-TT programs that are in clinical or commercial phase
- Supports process specific audits and audit observations as SME
- Actively participates in troubleshooting and serves as investigation lead for process impacting deviations and investigations.
- Ensures and encourages an Operational Excellence environment
- Keeps current with advances in cell and gene therapy field
- Ensures full adherence to the house procedures for all activities performed
- Cooperates with proposal manager on drafting new proposals for potential clients
- Strongly collaborates with process transfer manager on improving the performance of the team
- Pro-actively provides training and guidance to junior members of the team
- MSc in biological, medical-technology or pharmaceutical sciences
- Experience with cell and gene therapy and applicable technologies, GMP, ATMP and aseptic manufacturing.
- Experience in working in a fast pace environment and demonstrating professional response to unexpected events.
- solid experience in interacting and collaborating with the clients and internal parties, including professional communication and transparency
- Experience in Tech Transfer for GMP manufacturing is highly desirable
- Able to independently perform deliverables assigned to
- Experience in GMP manufacturing for cell-based products is required
- Strong communication skills in English.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.