PES Engineer (Electrical / Computer Engineer)
Emerson Electric Co
We have a great opportunity for you to join our team, within an exciting new project we are starting in the Netherlands.
This role fits into Open Systems International (OSI), a fast-paced, growing, high technology provider of state-of-the-art energy management, optimization and control software solutions to energy utility companies worldwide. As a part of Emerson, we seek to continue being a global leader in the Operational Technology field.
As part of an international team, you will design and deliver our world class control systems and provide ongoing support to ensure reliable performance and customer satisfaction. Specific, on-the-job training will be provided.
If you are a tech savvy individual, passionate about improving your skills and using them to obtain strong results in the projects you take part in, we welcome you to join us in Ede!
In this role you will:
- Design, plan, integrate, test and commission hardware and software requirements on customer systems.
- Provide technical sales support of state-of-the-art power systems applications for real-time control systems, including sales presentations and product demonstrations.
- Define project requirements through customer communication and communicate the requirements to other departments as necessary.
- Provide networking and system/application design.
- Perform hardware, software and system installation, integration and testing for projects.
- Customize system, hardware and network configuration based on customer requirements.
- Provide customer support and assistance per contract maintenance and warranty.
- Assist in creating training materials and project documentation as needed.
For this role you will need:
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical Engineering, Computer Engineering, Physics, Systems Engineering or related field. Masters in the previously mentioned fields is beneficial.
- 1-5 years’ of experience in a similar position, preferably working with public utilities.
- Experience with CAD and software programming.
- An introduction to C programming at minimum. Experience in one or more of the following: power systems, electric utility operations/dispatch, real-time control systems, client/server applications, network communications, UNIX / Linux / Windows operation systems, C++ is helpful.
- Excellent organization, interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Strong commitment to providing superior customer service.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills, with the ability to work on several projects in parallel in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability and flexibility to travel to domestic and international customer sites.
- Active Top Secret Security Clearance.
Our Offer to You
By joining Emerson as an Engineer, you will be working at the heart of our business. This means that the skills and business insight gained can serve as an invaluable foundation toward developing your career within our global organization. We offer plentiful opportunities for advancement and support this through our formal personal development planning process.
Our on-boarding program uses a blended learning approach to get you up and running as quickly as possible. You benefit from Emerson certified trainers with extensive knowledge of our customers, products and applications.
Our global Women in Stem initiative gives you the opportunity to connect with local peers that share the same interest, to promote the diversity & inclusion and early STEM education and to benefit from professional development to access leadership opportunities. Also, we are committed to maintaining a partnership with the Society of Women Engineers (SWE).
Our inclusive company culture celebrates the unique perspectives, diversity of thoughts, and outstanding innovation that come to life when we actively seek to hire and develop the best, brightest team members from all backgrounds. These unique points of view help cultivate fresh thinking and new ideas, ensuring our continued success into the future.