Where will you be working?
Business Unit GPS – IPI (Global Project Services- Inline Pipeline Inspection), part of Applus+ RTD, serves customers worldwide, performing NDT inspections as well as providing research solutions to determine the quality and integrity of on and offshore pipelines worldwide. We are searching for NDT Operators to inspect pipelines with our advanced inline inspection tools.
Your home base will be our office in Rotterdam, The Netherlands.
The main function of the NDT Operator is to be responsible for the completion of inspections, including initial interpretation and reporting. This position require thoroughly to be familiar with the scope and methods of NDT being used and should perform assigned responsibilities on-projects and training and guidance to Assistant Technicians. For this position, we are looking for enthusiastic and experienced DTI Operators.
Your main responsibility as an enthusiastic and experienced NDT Operator with an UT2 certificate (ISO 9712) is to carry out inline inspections with the range of our DTI tools, including initial interpretation and reporting to our clients. You also enjoy passing down knowledge and guide Assistant Technicians for on-the-job trainings.
Are you interested to work in an international environment with great innovations in advanced inline pipeline inspection technologies such as DTI and you like to travel to different countries and cultures, this is the prefect job is for you!
What will be your dutiesand responsibilities?
- Operate NDT tools and equipment to accomplish job assignments and client requirements;
- Inspect and interpret readings as required, to determine areas of interest;
- Apply testing criteria in accordance with applicable specifications;
- Set-up and calibrate all equipment used, interpret, evaluate, and document results through formal reports;
- Safely operates and strictly adhere to company safety regulations;
- Provide direction and guidance with the codes, standards and other contractual documents that control the method as utilized by the company and client;
- Responsible for all paperwork to be present in a timely manner including safety forms, company required forms, customer forms, and timesheets;
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, professionalism, and promote a positive customer service attitude internally and externally
- Follow and enforce the company required safe work practices and procedures at all times;
- Enforce and abide the requirements of safe operation and personal safety using required personal protective equipment and safe practices per company policy;
- Perform other job related tasks as assigned by management.
Help us with your knowledge and Skills:
- Certified in accordance with the following methods: UT2 ISO9712 is required.
- Skills in reporting and analyzing of recorded inspection data or willing to trained
- Ability to set up standardized equipment, conducts tests.
- Interpret and evaluate findings in compliance with required specifications, standards and or customer specifications;
- Be thoroughly familiar with the scope of the techniques and method in which you will be employed;
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar;
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service;
- This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction;
- Must have analytical capabilities for customer needs assessment and solutions identification.
- A sense of urgency, good attention to detail, and follow-thru;
- Knowledge of Industry Codes;
- Knowledge of NDT equipment and ability to effectively perform assigned NDT inspections;
- Ability to perform a wide variety of tasks and respond to short notice work assignments both onshore and offshore;
- Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of Applus+. Exhibits honesty, discretion, and sound judgment;
- Possess excellent communication skills to convey information to customers and colleagues effectively;
- Willing to work with others, collaborating and compromising where necessary; promptly share relevant information with others;
- Maintains a positive "can do" outlook, rebounds quickly from frustrations and unpleasantness, and maintains composure and friendly demeanor while dealing with stressful situations.
What do we ask?
- Inline inspection of Oil and Gas pipeline experience required;
- MS office knowledge required;
- Major oil company experience preferred;
- High School Diploma or equivalent required;
- Technical Background in NDT methods and techniques required;
- Minimum of 3+ years of NDT experience with full documentation of prior training, experience and certification is required;
- Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire;
- Preferable but not mandatoryin possession of valid offshore medical and offshore;
- Preferable but not mandatory survival including CA-EBS, HUET and preferable OLF.
- Drivers license B is required. C1 or C2 for a truck would be ideal.
What we offer?
- We are an innovative organization which offers development and training opportunities. Applus+ RTD has its own education and training centre where we certify our employees in the different NDT techniques.
- Terms of employment are in accordance with the collective labor agreement (CLA) for the metals and engineering sector.
- We have excellent secondary benefits, including 40 days of paid annual leave and a 13th month’s salary.
- Preferable you live in driving distance of our office in Rotterdam