Material Scientist I
NL07 Lonza Netherlands B.V.
Today, Lonza is a global leader in life sciences operating across three continents. While we work in science, there’s no magic formula to how we do it. Our greatest scientific solution is talented people working together, devising ideas that help businesses to help people. In exchange, we let our people own their careers. Their ideas, big and small, genuinely improve the world. And that’s the kind of work we want to be part of.
We are looking for Material Scientist to join our MSAT team in Geleen. As a Material scientist you are involved in performing assessments related to the materials and coordinates and interacts with different departments. You follow up on the tasks proactively. This functions is involved in the improvement of the procedures and execution as SME.
- Leads the material assessment and evaluation as per agreed timeline
- Participates in improving the related procedures both on content and execution.
- Acts as SME in internal, external and global discussions on material related topic
- Is involved in troubleshooting and serves as SME on materials and related issues.
- Participates in the global alignment of the procedures related to her tasks wherever requested by the manager
- Own the quality events (CRF,NC, CAPA) whenever requested by the manager
- Participated SME in the audits performed by the clients, Lonza or regulatory bodies
- Proactively seek efficiency and proper planning in the tasks
- Keeps current with advances in cell and gene therapy field technologies and materials
- Bachelor/Master of science degree in Biology and/or Life sciences related discipline
- Knowledge cell and gene therapy related materials and aseptic manufacturing
- Experience in interacting and collaborating with the clients and internal parties, including professional communication and transparency
- Experience in working in a fast pace environment and demonstrating professional response to unexpected events.
Every day, Lonza’s products and services have a positive impact on millions of people. For us, this is not only a great privilege, but also a great responsibility. How we achieve our business results is just as important as the achievements themselves. At Lonza, we respect and protect our people and our environment. Any success we achieve is no success at all if not achieved ethically.
People come to Lonza for the challenge and creativity of solving complex problems and developing new ideas in life sciences. In return, we offer the satisfaction that comes with improving lives all around the world. The satisfaction that comes with making a meaningful difference.