Lead Development Engineer
Do you want to develop the equipment needed for breeding insects that has never been created before? Are you excited about stepping into a novel food industry? Then you might be our new Lead Development Engineer!
Do you do pioneering daily?
The goal is to roll-out several production facilities worldwide in the upcoming years. We make this possible with an engineering team within Protix which is multidisciplinary by nature. To make the roll-out possible, specific equipment needs to be developed from concept to end use. As Senior Design Engineer you will be part of the equipment development team. The equipment development team is responsible for the design and engineering of state-of-the-art industrial insect rearing equipment and machines suitable for the next generation insect rearing facilities.
Does this sound like you?
You enjoy the process of developing equipment projects from concept to realization. You find a challenge in continuously improving existing equipment through rapid learning cycles. You are excited about engaging in a novel industry; the sustainable high-grade insect production on industrial scale.
System thinking and solving complex problems is what gets you excited. You are responsible for the conceptual design and realization of core equipment designs. For this you have ample experience in project management. You have experience in the early phases of concept development to test feasibility as well as the practical experience in realizing the concepts. Abstract thinking and developing high level vision on practical solutions is what you are looking for but you also like the diverse work that comes with being responsible for the whole process.
Together with the research and development team you define the milestones that need to support the equipment project goals.
Working within Protix is an excellent opportunity to excel both personally and professionally in a fast- paced entrepreneurial and sustainable environment. You will work closely with the project engineering team and other disciplines in Protix like R&D and Operations.
Experience and education
- Master’s degree with a technical background (Mechanical engineering, Industrial Design Engineering, Mechatronics or similar);
- At least 10 years of relevant working experience (Medium to high-tech industries);
- Relevant experience in familiar industries (agriculture, food) or in specific areas like:
- Air/vacuum transport;
- Sensor development;
- Design Control systems.
- Project management experience;
- Excellent communication skills in English (and preferably Dutch);
- Knowledge of 2D CAD (AutoCAD) and 3D CAD software (SolidWorks);
- Living in The Netherlands, preferably close to Protix headquarters in Dongen;
- You recognize yourself in the core values of Protix: https://protix.eu/protix-journey/values/#
Skills and competencies
- Taking the lead in multi stakeholder innovation projects and train team members to successfully reach results;
- You have experience in managing innovation projects and research paths;
- You work best in multidisciplinary teams but can also work on projects independently;
- You have what it takes to get your ideas, concepts and systems;
- Experience in developing new sensor technology, or working with novel sensors is a pre;
- You are proactive, see and act on new opportunities. You dare to challenge yourself and the team.
What you can expect from us
- The possibility to contribute to the mission of Protix: "Bringing the food system back in balance with nature"
- An entrepreneurial environment in which technology and biology go hand in hand
- Challenging environment where continuously learning is most important
- A piece of the of the "Protix pie" in shares
- 26 vacation days and all other standard benefits