Who are we?
Technology means progress. Continually finding ways to do things differently, to improve products, services, and processes. That is what makes the heart of every technology organization and tech professional beat faster. In the projects they are working on, but also for themselves. That means something different for each individual. For one person, it means being guided to their dream project; for the other, it means developing their skills. Making that possible, that is the human touch. And that is what makes our heart beat faster.
ENTER specializes in multiple competencies: Chemical, Electronics, Mechanical, Mechatronics, Physics, Production Development and Software Technology.
ENTER's professionals work with our partners and customers on a project basis. We select and match projects and employees by focusing on experience, ambitions, personality and, of course, a passion for technology. Communication and writing skills also play a role in making the ideal match.
Our account managers and recruiters work closely together, making sure we have the right colleagues available for our customers at the right time. We also offer our employees a broad career perspective.
What are you going to do as Lead Engineer/Architect Embedded Software?
As Lead Engineer/Architect Embedded Software you will be responsible for the design and development of software for world-class connected consumer products. Your responsibilities range from translating business requirements into software specifications, down to designing and developing highly optimized C/C++ and Assembly code for low-end Microcontrollers meant for Embedded Appliances. You will be working in a multidisciplinary team while actively engaging in activities with system architects, business teams and remote suppliers/partners in The Netherlands and internationally.
Note: location for this role is in Friesland/Groningen/Overijssel Area!
Your key responsibilities will be:
- Design and Implementation of the ﬁrmware of connected embedded appliances (great focus on low-level code optimization and OOP design);
- Translation of business requirements into software architectural speciﬁcations to be implemented (and tested) by the ﬁrmware team (using UML + textual description);
- Contribute to software architecture activities, which are presented and discussed in a multidisciplinary architects board (including electronics, back-end, connectivity, app and proposition architects);
- Support other teams (App, Backend, Test) with technical knowledge about Firmware;
- Release and maintain ﬁrmware for mass production (factory deployment) as well as over-the-air updates;
- Conﬁgure and maintain Build/CI servers for the multiple software projects;
- Software Tooling development for programming, testing and production support;
- Conduct team Planning Meetings and report the Project's status to stakeholders.
Are you someone who has...
- Bachelor or Master degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent practical experience;
- Experience in coding in C and C++ for Embedded Systems (std11/std14 is a plus;
- Being capable of translating business requirements into software specifications;
- Experience in Unit /Integration Test Design and Development;
- Experience with Agile Software Development Processes;
- Good communication skills;
- Hands on experience with Object Oriented Software Design (+ design patterns is a plus);
- Experience in ARM architecture and compiler toolchain;
- Knowledge of wireless communication protocols (WiFi/Bluetooh/Zigbee);
- Experience in Code optimization techniques for embedded systems;
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: Microcontrollers, hardware bringup, bootloading, firmware, hardware/software integration, Computer Architecture, maintain and support legacy code;
- Knowledge of C# & .NET Framwork is a plus;
- Knowledge of ARM Assembly language and Compiler Theory is a plus;
- Knowledge of Unix/Linux environment is a plus;
- Jenkins/Microsoft TFS configuration is a plus;
- Basic knowledge of electronics is a plus;
- Knowledge of one or more of the following: GNU Make, Microsoft Visual Studio, Cypress PSoC Creator, Cypress Wiced Studio, IAR Workbench, JLINK/STLink Hardware and tooling.
As an ENTER colleague you can of course expect a lot from us as well
- A driven team and an inspiring working environment where our motto #techwithaheartbeat is at the heart of our company!
- Driven and enthusiastic colleagues;
- Lots of room for growth and development;
- Cutting edge hightech projects;
- Recurring socials such as the annual BBQ, Christmas dinner, a pub quiz and our fully catered family day in the Efteling.
Want to know more?
Do you want to know more about what you're going to do in this role? Then contact Cune Peters via T: +31 6 21 44 67 04.
So excited you want to apply directly?
Then go to the apply button and leave your profile. We will get in touch with you as soon as possible.
By creating your profile and applying for a job you agree with our privacy statement.