Newrest is looking for a Junior Accountant based in Amsterdam.
Newrest, a specialist in out-of-home food service, is the only major catering company active in all catering and related hospitality segments: airline catering, buy-on-board, duty-free on board, contract catering, remote site and support services, rail catering, airport and motorway retail concession. For more information https://www.newrest.eu/
- Coordinate day-to-day general ledger activities, including preparing and posting daily/monthly journal entries while maintaining proper supporting schedules, documentation and appropriate levels of approval;
- Control the cost budget in the area of responsibility; initiate and steer corrective actions in case of deviations;
- Balance multiple projects and prioritize;
- Conduct bank reconciliations;
- Verify supplier invoices with all supporting mechanism and validate for payment;
- Follow up of collection and allocation of payments received from clients against invoices outstanding;
- Perform month and year-end responsibilities, and support special projects as assigned by the Corporate Controller/Finance Director.
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balance
- Charge expenses to accounts, analyzing invoice/expense reports; recording entries
- Pay vendors and suppliers, scheduling and preparing checks
- Maintain accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions
- Verify vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions
- Maintain historical records, filing documents
- Protect organization's value by keeping information confidential
- Accomplish accounting and organization mission by completing related results as needed
- Process e-bills and respond to e-billing inquiries
- Coordinate with other departments to address questions/problems related to billing processes
- Complete other projects or assignments as required by circumstance or as directed by the CFO.
- Regular, timely, and predictable attendance is required for this position.
- Performs other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Understanding of costing and pricing process
- Understand and demonstrate concepts of financial control (e.g., keep food cost within budget)
- Proactive personality and character demonstrating an ability to complete activities
- Strong verbal, organizational, technical ability, and people skills required
- Strong organizational logical thinking skills
- Ability to manage many tasks and to prioritize appropriately
- Proficiency in English is a must
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance or Similar
- Minimum 2 years of experience in accounting field required
CONTRACT TYPE : Fixed-Term Contract of 1 year, start date as soon as possible
LOCATION : Amsterdam