This will be your workplace
This will be our challenge
An assessment may be part of the procedure.
Your contribution to TenneT
As GMM grid strategist you will be responsible for the structured further development, management and maintenance of all the necessary models and analysis tools relating to grid studies in the broadest sense of the word, from power flow calculations to harmonic and EMT analyses. In addition, you will develop into a 'power user' of the analysis tools. You will do all this together with colleagues within GMM and with the help of various subject specialists.
Your most important tasks:
• You are responsible for setting up and maintaining the basic model of the Dutch high-voltage grid and network models derived from it, in order to be able to perform calculations on the grid, both nationally and within a European context;
• Receiving change requests for the basic model and executing them;
• You will receive requests for information about model data or models, from within the TenneT organisation and from third parties, and you will handle them;
• You will contribute to the further development and quality improvement of the basic model and its underlying data set by conducting research and formulating implementation proposals;
• You hold periodic consultations with the departments Energy Systems Planning (ESP) and System Operations (SOP) and thus contribute to keeping the models in various departments at the same level;
• You structurally participate in the activities of the working group data and models of ENTSO E and thus contribute to the coordination in the European context;
• You contribute to activities in TenneT related to data and model management;
• You will contribute to the dissemination and expansion of knowledge related to the network model and the use of analysis tools within and outside the department. You support fellow grid strategists with software-related issues.
• TenneT is working on the replacement of its operating system. This new system will offer new tools that we want to use to arrive at a single, centrally managed grid model for the whole of TenneT. This is a challenging and innovative project in which we expect you to participate.
You will report to the Team Lead Grid Planning - System Integrity.
Your Profile and background
• You have completed a WO degree in electrical engineering (or equivalent).
• You have proven knowledge of the electricity supply system.
• You are familiar with carrying out grid studies for high-voltage networks. As part of this work, you have gained experience in modelling electrical grids.
• Your work is meticulous, driven and proactive. You are able to think in nuances and to take multiple sides of an issue into account.
• You have excellent communication and social skills. As a team player you are aware of your environment and you make use of the knowledge of others.
• You are very familiar with PowerFactory and are able to find a solution to technical problems with models.
• Your written and oral communication in Dutch and/or English are good.
You will get an interesting and responsible position within a professional and dynamic working environment. You will also receive an excellent salary in salary scale 7 (€3232,- €5920,-). The salary scale depends on education, experience and competences. Furthermore, we offer good secondary employment conditions, such as a contribution of at least €60,- to your health care costs premium, a home working allowance, a contribution to your sports subscription and training and development possibilities.
The Performance Unit Asset Management (AMT) is responsible for a future-proof and maintainable electricity infrastructure. AMT manages the risk, performance and costs of the infrastructure. In doing so, AMT identifies and assesses the risks of bottlenecks. AMT is responsible for drawing up mitigating measures and prioritising these measures. Next, Asset Management orders the realisation of the selected measures. AMT also tests and accepts the adjustments made by the service providers to the infrastructure on the basis of pre-determined requirements and frameworks. In addition, AMT is the owner of the Asset data and Asset documentation.
Within the Performance Unit Asset Management, the Grid Planning department takes care, among other things, of the analysis and definition of solution directions for bottlenecks in the Netherlands and Germany. The Grid Planning NL team is responsible for solutions in the entire Dutch high-voltage grid and for risk identification in the 110/150kV grid. The team makes an important contribution to the two-yearly Investment Plan, the definition of solution paths for bottlenecks, connection routes and grid development in general. The team is an important contact point for internal and external questions about grid developments.
For more information about the role you can contact Gert Jan Roding, recruiter on 064252777 by a call or a What's app.