Financial Accountant | Amsterdam | Multinational | Full Time | Spanish Desirable
As Financial Accountant you are responsible for the correct and timely execution of the financial administration and report for the Dutch entity. Reporting directly to the Country Manager, you will ensure that financial transactions are performed and reported in accordance with policies and procedures as determined by the Head of Group Consolidation and Controlling:
Tasks & Responsibilities
- Record day to day financial transactions.
- Verify that transactions are recorded in the correct day book, supplier’s ledger, and general ledger.
- Analyze transactions with internal and external stakeholders.
- Maintain and update accounting records and files.
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner.
- Support monthly, quarterly and annual closings.
- Manage obligations to suppliers and third-party vendors.
- Review and approve expense reports and employee input of vacation and sick time.
- Prepare bank wires and deposits.
- Assist in preparation of the documentation for financial processes and procedures.
- Assist in tax and compliance forms preparation.
- Aid with tax and financial audits.
- Liaise with Corporate Controlling and Accounting teams to improve financial procedures and controls.
Skills & Education
- Relevant education in Accounting, Business Economics or Finance.
- 2+ years of experience in Finance & Accounting (preferably within an international environment).
- Good technical accounting skills
- Fluent business level English and Dutch is essential. Additional Spanish skills are highly desirable.
- Good MS office skills, especially Excel.
- Proven experience with the use of ERP systems.
- Excellent analytical and administration skills.
- Ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues from different countries and cultures.
- Team player and pro-active mindset.
- Living in Amsterdam.
- Available 40 hours a week.
About the Offer
- A fulltime (40 hours) position in an international environment.
- Office in the centre of Amsterdam.
- Gross annual salary between € 35K - 45K depending on your experience.
- Possibilities for growth.