The Field Consultant III will plan, direct, and coordinate activities of designated project to ensure that goals or objectives of project are accomplished within prescribed time frame and funding parameters by performing duties personally or through subordinates or supervisors.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Manages and oversees all aspects of the installation and implementation of Vertex products with Financial Systems, primarily. This would include requirements gathering, development of solution design specific to the customer's needs, as well as configuration, testing, training, transition to production, and post go-live support.
- Identifies and investigates client issues and circumstances, and provides recommendations, alternatives, risks and benefits.
- Serves as the product functionality "translator" for clients and as primary liaison between the Vertex Solution Team and the client.
- Works collaboratively and builds relationships with client tax and IT staff.
Identifies additional areas of need at each client and responds with a Vertex proposal as necessary
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources to various phases of project.
- Establishes work plan and staffing for each phase of project and assignment of project personnel.
- Confers with project staff to outline work plan, provide technical advice, resolve problems, and to assign project duties, responsibilities, and scope of authority, where necessary.
- Directs and coordinates activities of project personnel to ensure project progresses on schedule and within prescribed budget.
- Reviews status reports prepared by project personnel and modifies schedules or plans as required.
- Prepares project reports for management, client, or others.
- Coordinates project activities with activities of government regulatory or other governmental agencies.
- Analyzes and configures plans for the system to help clients realize their ultimate vision.
- Acts as point of escalation to ensure client satisfaction.
- Identifies and investigates client issues and circumstances and provides recommendations, alternatives, risks and benefits.
- De velops and successfully implements best practice solution methodology.
- Achieves service quota as an Individual Contributor, works to ensure assigned resources meet individual service quotas.
- Collaborates with the Practice Director and Leader to determine software and solution offerings to maximize revenue within a business channel.
- Executes a strategy that differentiates Vertex offerings from those of competitors and remains flexible enough to allow engagements to be fulfilled by multiple service providers when necessary.
- Exercises sound judgment to manage the day-to-day client relationship and expectations.
- Exercises independence and judgment in the completion of familiar tasks and seeks guidance when needed.
- Provide guidance to and mentor more junior team members.
- Builds stable working relationships within the work group as well as with internal and/or external customers.
- Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.
- Specialized Knowledge & Skills:
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, presentation)
- Excellent interpersonal skill.
- Strong relationship building, problem solving, decision making, project management, and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong time management skill.
- Familiarity with XML and/or Java a plus.
- A high-level knowledge of Vertex products and service offering.
- Working knowledge of Transaction Tax integrations to SAP applications is a requirement.
- Professional appearance and presentation required.
- Strong knowledge of MS Word, MS-Project and Visio.
- Work location is flexible
- Billable time requirement minimum of 60%
REQUIRED FOUNDATIONAL COMPETENCIES:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business, Computer Science, or related discipline, or equivalent work experience.
- Master's Degree in Taxation and/or Qualified Tax Consulting experience, a plus
- Six (6) years of related enterprise software application experience with at least four (4) years of leader responsibility in a consulting services/technology role or equivalent education and experience required
- Four (4) years of systems integration experience.
- Three (3) years in-depth tax application experience working with systems such as SAP applications (ECC, S4/HANA, Ariba and other ERP strongly preferred).
- Experience with tax engine or SAP Add-on applications and tax integrations a plus.
- Experience providing solutions for multiple tax types especially Value Added Tax required.
- ERP, Tax/Tax Technology or Tax Professional Certifications and/ or Credentials strongly preferred.
- Builds Relationships: Fosters open dialogue and obtains shared commitment to proposals; shared ideas and information to promote mutual understanding, respect, and effective decision-making.
- Drives for Results: Acts to create opportunities for Vertex or to avoid future problems; has the courage to act with incomplete information rather than simply thinking about it; maintains a focused commitment to achieving enterprise objectives.
- Knows the Business: Understands and applies knowledge of Vertex's business and processes to accomplish goals.
- Anticipates Customer Needs (internal and external): Establishes and maintains productive relationships with customers and partners, anticipating their needs.
- Learns Continuously: Expands own knowledge base to enhance performance; seeks development to increase strengths for current and future needs.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by individuals in this position. Other functions may be assigned and management retains the right to add or change the duties at any time.