This organisation specializes in providing services to the oil and gas industry. The Service Line Pipelin Inspection provides a complete package of services around pipeline inspection. The Service Line Tank Services provides a diverse package of services for storage tanks with a focus on inspection of the tank bottom using inspection robots.The Technology Center is responsible for:
• Development of new inspection technologies;
• Design and engineering of high-tech inspection equipment and associated procedures and training;
• Development and maintenance of software for new and existing inspection equipment;
• Production of equipment and support to the operational units;
In order to realize the growth of the Technology Center, we are looking for various enthusiastic embedded system engineers You’ll come to work in a multidisciplinary team at the R&D Department on the development of digital and analog electronics for high-tech inspection applications. The Technology Center is housed in the head office near Tiel.
You design, implement and test hardware and firmware for (embedded) systems, which are characterized by a mix of sensors, analog front-end and fast digital techniques and software. You are responsible within a team for defining, designing, preparing and realizing prototypes and then making the systems production-ready.You report to the R & D Manager.Where necessary, you create the required test environment in software. In addition to design and development, you are involved in drawing up test plans and performing tests according to applicable guidelines and specifications.
You have a broad interest in technology and that is shown by education, experience and hobby. You have specific interest in digital hardware, PCB design, FPGA and hardware software interfacing. You like to work independently within a project team in an informal environment where the R & D, Engineering and Production environment are still close to each other. Given the nature of the job you are punctual and you work very precisely.
- Completed Bachelor education in Electrical Engineering or Embedded System Engineering;
- 1-5 years experience as a hardware engineer / embedded system engineer;
- Experience in PCB design (schematic, PCB layout & testing) preferably using Altium PCB design software
- Experience with FPGA design through Xilinx and Altera tools, a good knowledge of VHDL;
- Experience with analog electronics and high speed circuit board layout;
- Experience with various digital interfaces (I2C, UART, USB, Ethernet, LVDS);
- Experience with high speed system design using FPGAs and Ethernet is a plus;
- Experience with microcontrollers is a plus;
- Experience in LabVIEW and / or C / C ++ is a plus;
- Good command of the English language, both spoken and written;
The offer is:
- A Good salary
- For this role we are looking for a candidate who already lives in The Netherlands. However, the company is a sponsor of Highly Skilled Migrants, so you are of course welcome as a Highly Skilled Migrant if you have a valid Dutch work permit.
- Travel allowance.
- A very good working place, where you can learn a lot and be a serious member of the team and where your creativity and ability to solve complex programming issues will be really appreciated