Construction Manager - (Job Number: THE000N)
Primary Location: NLD-SH-The Hague
Employment Type: Employee
Job Level: Oct 12, 2020<
Job Posting: Ongoing
The Construction Manager is the prime interface between the project team and the client, and
between the project team and sub-contractors and as such, will be frequently called upon to assist in
resolving contractual, operations, and work progress issues by interfacing with the appropriate Client and/or sub-contractor’s resources.
MAJOR ACCOUNTABILITIES OF POSITION:
• Ensure sub-contractors carry out construction and testing activities in a safe, timely, and cost effective manner in accordance with the construction work package, contract provisions, plans, and specifications and in a manner which meets Worley’s Health, Safety, and Environment standards, OneWay values, and Project Management.
• Create and execute project work plans and revise as appropriate to meet changing needs and requirements.
• Interface and foster a positive working relationship with various project team members, such as the Client, other Construction Contractors, QA/QC, Safety, Field Engineering and Project Controls to resolve field issues as they are identified through the course of project execution phase.
• Provide support and leadership to the construction team with regard to safety, quality, schedule, cost, overall project, and corporate expectations.
• Take ownership of incident investigations and accountability for implementing corrective actions. Notify Manager of Construction of the incident immediately and follow company’s protocol in conducting a preliminary incident report and summary.
• Lead/participate in planned safety inspections
• Provide a positive, supportive, team-oriented work environment that encourages and rewards personal initiative, input, and development.
• Review and understand contract documents. Provide key project team members with a summary of key contract elements.
• Ensure all cost collection requirements are met for all field work such as timesheets, purchase orders, service agreements, etc.
• Evaluate construction progress, cost, and performance reports to identify remedial actions.
• Administrate all project change notices in a timely manner by coordinating the satisfactory resolution of any design or construction deficiencies as identified from time to time during the construction phase of projects
• Ensure all necessary Quality Control inspections of field installations are performed to ensure construction compliance to all applicable codes and standards including any Project Specific practices or identified requirements.
• Ensure timely completion of all necessary pre-commissioning activities to achieve compliance with project mechanical completion and acceptance procedures. Ensure Turnover packages are assembled as the work progresses and deficiencies are corrected and properly signed off by the client in acceptance.
• Provide input into all stages of a project from conceptual engineering to final design by attending constructability, 3D model and risk reviews (when applicable) for work packages as assigned, and by preparing and/or reviewing all detailed plans with a view to sequencing of the work properly, resource loading, etc.
• Ensure progress is being reported accurately by checking reporting documents for accuracy with regular field audits.
• Ensure sub-contractors follow their safe work execution plan.
• Ensure the proper work authorizations are in place prior to commencing work
• Manage project risks and minimize exposure.
• Understand pricing models, billing procedures, and accurately forecast project costs.
• Effectively communicate relevant project information to the Manager of Construction. Resolve and/or escalate issues in a timely manner.
• Build a knowledge base of client’s business, organization, and objectives and manage client expectations.
• Roll out specific safety plan to field supervision within 10 days after they join the project.
Reporting Manager Title:
Job Specific Knowledge:
• 10+ years’ experience in a Construction Manager role.
• Executed minimum 2 EPC/EPCm projects as CM, TiCgt; 70mln.
• Working experience with ECR/WP.
Industry Specific Experience:
• A proven track record of excellence in safety and job completion
One Way Element:
• Communicate the requirements of the Company Field Management processes to staff, customers,
contractors and other relevant stakeholders. Ensure accountability for the application of these
processes is communicated as appropriate.
• Proven competency in the operation of key office software and productivity tools such as: MS Office
suite of tools
• Interpersonal skills – establish direct working relationships and rapport with all levels within the
organization, communication skills including verbal and written
• Customer service, including developing and improving customer relationships internally and
• Attention to detail and a focus on producing a quality product in a timely manner
• Ability to appropriately handle highly confidential information and situations.
Authority / Freedom To Act / Decision Making (Including Budgetary Responsibility)
Extent of Guidance or Control:
• Deals on a day-to-day basis with highly confidential information
• Operates under minimal supervision; consults with manager, when appropriate
What we offer you:
Providing our people with an agile culture and challenging work opportunities results in a positive work environment. Our people enjoy competitive compensation packages and a fun, personal, collaborative and safe working environment. We value equal employment opportunity and are committed to promoting fairness, equality and diversity.
If you have the passion and talent to keep up, it's time to test the limits of what you can become. Find your future with Worley.
We are a leading global provider of professional project and asset services in the energy, chemicals and resources sectors. We have almost 60,000 amazing people in around 60 countries across the world covering the full lifecycle, from creating new assets to sustaining and enhancing operating assets for our customers