Construction Administrative Assistant (m/w/d/x)
Intertek Holding Deutschland GmbH
Intertek is an industry leader with more than 44,000 employees in 1,000 locations in over 100 countries. We deliver Total Quality Assurance expertise 24 hours a day, 7 days a week with our industry-winning processes and customer-centric culture. Whether your business is local or global, we can help to ensure that your products meet quality, health, environmental, safety, and social accountability standards for virtually any market around the world. We hold extensive global accreditations, recognitions, and agreements, and our knowledge of and expertise in overcoming regulatory, market, and supply chain hurdles is unrivalled.
For future industrial projects in power plant construction, wind farm projects, refineries and plant construction in the greater area Rotterdam, we are looking for local Construction Administrative Assistants.
Owing to future projects, start and duration of the job is not known at this stage.
Following the job description, are you interested in a possible cooperation on future projects on a freelance basis? We are looking forward to your application in English language.
The Construction Administrative Assistant is responsible for overseeing all administrative duties for a project construction site.
- Manage the setup of office space and stock supplies
- Ensure site meets company standards and H&S requirements
- Support the Works Inspector with back office work
- Take plan of the day (POD) and meeting notes and distribute accordingly
- Track and record site safety & spills data
- Document Management: record documentation received from Construction Contractor, dates of approval or comments to documentation received, upload documents and certificates to Document Management System (ProjectWise) according to the Owner specification: EU‐BR E&C DOCUMENT GENERATION PROJECTWISE EXTERNAL: MAN-EU/E&C-PRO-00006
- Assist with complying with safety, and site-specific regulations and agreements
- Ensure accuracy of data on documents and certificates
- Participate in weekly safety meetings
- Manage electronic and paper copies of agreements, permits, handbooks, procedures, and project-related documentation
- Assist landowners with complaints and concerns
- Manage shipping and receiving for site
- Assist in training updates
- Maintain employee files and time off requests
- Interface with and support on-site staff as needed
- Additional duties as required
- High school diploma
- 2+ years of office experience
- Proficient knowledge of Microsoft Office software (Word & Excel & MSProject)
- Experience in document management
- ProjectWise and AutoCAD experience is desirable
- Class B1 driving license and own vehicle to access all different sites of the works.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to organize and maintain a fluid administrative process
- Problem-solving ability in a fast-paced office environment
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Ability to be self-motivated and to perform duties independently
- Excellent time-management skills
- Demonstrated efficiency in managing multi-disciplinary tasks
- Exemplary standards of integrity, honor, safety, management, ethics, quality, and productivity
- Experience making travel arrangements using web-based resources
- Strong interest in renewable energy
- Strong interpersonal skills and high attention to details
- Sufficient schedule flexibility to manage facility emergencies 24/7
Proven ability to learn new software programs
- Experience with LAN and computer hardware troubleshooting and repair preferred
Physical demands & working conditions:
- Sitting/Standing/Flexibility: Ability to stand and sit for 8 or more hours when in an office environment
- Speech/Reading: Ability to speak, read, and write English proficiently and deliver a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form
- Lifting: Ability to lift items weighing up to 10 kg.
- Vision/Hearing: Ability to understand a variety of instructions furnished in written, verbal, diagram, or schedule form
- Safety: Ability to understand and communicate safety precautions when necessary