AUT Operator - Workshop Netherlands
The main function of the AUT Operator - Workshop Netherlandsis to be responsible for the AUT systems setup for the International AUT Workforce. This position requires thoroughly familiarity with the scope and methods of NDT being used and will giveguidance to the (Assistant) Technicians. Applus+ provides the ability to provide the introduction of 3D NDT through its full matrix capture (FMC) based AUT system "RTD IWEX AUT".
For this position, we are looking for enthusiastic and experienced AUTOperators for our workshop in the Netherlands.
Your main responsibility as an enthusiastic and experienced AUT Operator is to support the international workforce and to write or update manuals. You also enjoy passing down knowledge and guide Assistant Technicians as a coachto prepare them for the work abroad. Are you interested to work with great innovations in the latest Advanced NDT technologies such as RTD IWEX 3D full matrix capture and you like to work from our Rotterdam main office as a permanent locationwith lots of variety, this job is for you!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operates tools and equipment to accomplish job assignments and client requirements;
- Inspect and interpret readings as required in real time, to determine areas of interest;
- Apply testing criteria in accordance with applicable specifications;
- Set-up and calibrate all equipment used, interpret, evaluate, and document results through formal reports;
- Safely Operates and strictly adhere to company safety regulations;
- Provide direction and guidance with the codes, standards and other contractual documents that control the method as utilized by the company and client;
- Responsible for all paperwork to be turn in a timely manner including safety forms, company required forms, customer forms, and timesheets;
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills, professionalism, and promote a positive customer service attitude internally and externally
- Follow and enforce the Company required safe work practices and procedures at all times;
- Enforce and abide the requirements of safe operation and personal safety using required Personal Protective Equipment and Safe Practices per company policy;
- Perform other job related tasks as assigned by management.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Certified in accordance with the following methods: UT2 ISO9712, MT2 ISO9712 and preferably PT2 ISO9712;
- Documented experience with AUT applications, preferably including CRA/SCR;
- Ability to set up and standardize equipment, conducts tests, interpret and evaluate findings in compliance with required specifications, standards and or customer specifications;
- Be thoroughly familiar with the scope and limitations of the techniques and method in which are to be employed;
- Be capable of developing written work instructions from approved general procedures;
- Must have working knowledge of MS Office Suite of products;
- Knowledge of the structure and content of the English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules of composition, and grammar;
- Knowledge of principles and processes for providing customer service;
- This includes customer needs assessment, meeting quality standards for services, and evaluation of customer satisfaction;
- Must have analytical capabilities for customer needs assessment and solutions identification.
- A sense of urgency, good attention to detail, and follow-thru;
- Knowledge of Industry Codes;
- Knowledge of NDT equipment and ability to effectively perform assigned NDT inspections;
- Ability to perform a wide variety of tasks and respond to short notice work assignments;
- Firmly adheres to the values and ethics of Applus+. Exhibits honesty, discretion, and sound judgment;
- Possess excellent communication skills to convey information to customers and colleagues effectively;
- Willing to work with others, collaborating and compromising where necessary; promptly share relevant information with others;
- Maintains a positive "can do" outlook, rebounds quickly from frustrations and unpleasantness, and maintains composure and friendly demeanor while dealing with stressful situations.
Education and Work Experience:
- AUT pipeline girth weld inspection experience required;
- SCR/CRA experience preferred;
- Major oil company experience preferred;
- Spoolbase exposure preferred;
- High School Diploma or equivalent required;
- Technical Background in NDT methods and techniques required;
- Minimum of 3+ years of NDT experience with full documentation;
- of prior training, experience and certification is required;
- Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire.