ACCOUNTING & TAX MANAGER
Interested in joining a cause-driven, customer focused company dedicated to positively impacting the health of animals, people and the planet? Search our job listings below.
The Accounting & Tax Manager holds a key role within the Finance team, responsible for driving the highest standards of financial reporting, controls and compliance. The scope of this role includes stewardship of key accounting processes (O2C, S2P, R2R); supanport and facilitation of tax reporting, audit and statutory filings; and working capital management.
As Elanco separates its People, Processes and Systems from Lilly , this role will be pivotal to separation and establishment of the new organisation with respect to Financial Accounting.
Location: BeNeNo Head office – Antwerp Belgium
Key Responsibilities & Deliverables:
Future State Organization
Global ERP Project and Implementation of New Financial Organization
During the course of the Global ERP Project and implementation of the new financial organization, the primary focus will be to function as the local Accounting and Tax SME;
- Provide local stewardship for accounting and tax processes to be implemented in the course of disentanglement from Lilly, assisting the Local Transition Leader, as required.
- Review the local accounting and tax requirements captured through the localization workshops and identify any gaps to local statutory/tax requirements.
- Execute all local legal entity transformation activities as directed by Corporate Tax team.
- Evolve into the local SuperUser for key accounting processes impacting financial reporting including but not limited to O2C, S2P and R2R.
- Participate in any data migration and/or management activities, related to financial accounting processes, in preparation for the final SAP cutover.
- Participate in the end-user testing of the new ERP system and escalate any additional requirements to the Global Process Owners (GPO) for immediate resolution.
- Provide oversight during transition from Lilly GBS to Elanco ESC to ensure all processes are operational and effective, minimize interruption to routine accounting activities after blackout period.
- Provide local support and oversight for the successful implementation of key accounting and tax processes, in collaboration with ESC business partners, Corporate tax team and ERP Project team.
Process Expertise and Business Partnership
- Provide thorough ownership for all aspects of the local Financial Statements (US GAAP and Local GAAP) through adherence to financial reporting policies and accountability for general accounting processes executed locally.
- Act as key subject matter expert on Local GAAP policy/procedures interpretation.
- Drive for results and ensure best practices are in place to achieve highest standards within daily operations.
- Lead the communication of and rationalization of affiliate financial information to both financial and non-financial stakeholders.
- Influence and coordinate the integration of local, regional and corporate initiatives.
- Demonstrate a strong compliance oriented mindset & help to build a strong compliance culture.
- Awareness of all applicable financial/taxation standards, process documentation & training materials to ensure compliant execution of daily operations.
- Ensure ownership for all applicable SOx & Operational controls as well as broader oversight for all controls that influence the Financial Statements.
- Engage with External/Internal Audit/Taxation authorities to ensure full ownership and excellence in all Group/Statutory/Internal/Taxation/Regulatory audits.
- Responsible for local tax compliance activities and management of associated of payments.
- Provide transfer pricing support and own the implementation of local transfer pricing policies.
- Maintain a robust system of controls relating to all aspects of company taxation and assisting with the finalization of Tax Statements and sign off.
- Support the preparation and filing of withholding tax and customs reporting.
- Responsible for managing relationship with tax authorities and and tax advisors.
- Preparation and review of statutory accounts
- Collaboration with ESC in monthly US GAAP accounting and reporting
- Primary relationship owner with external auditors
- Provision of technical accounting/ controls advice to business/ other functions
- Conduct review and approval of cash flow forecasts
- Review GCC netting, check for errors and compile documentation
- Review and validate monthly FX forecast
- Monitor cash balances and liaise with Corporate Treasury on funding requirements
- Support Elanco’s development of working capital reporting and assist the business in establishing its working capital management rhythm
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent Degree in Finance or Accounting
- CPA certification, Chartered Accountant or equivalent preferred Proven analytical, problem solving, and communication skills
- Proven compliance orientation based on prior operational business roles
- Ability to work in local/regional/global team environment and communicate effectively with both internal business partners of all levels & disciplines as well as external stakeholders such as auditors and tax authorities
- Ability to travel globally as required
- Fluency in English language
Additional Skills / Preferences:
- Accounting and tax experience in Multinational Companies or equivalent Big 4 accouting experience
- SAP experience beneficial
- Knowledge of US GAAP
- Master's Degree / MBA qualification
- Extensive local Financial reporting and Tax experience
Elanco is a global animal health company that develops products and knowledge services to prevent and treat disease in food animals and pets in more than 90 countries. With a 64-year heritage, we rigorously innovate to improve the health of animals and benefit our customers, while fostering an inclusive, cause-driven culture for more than 5,800 employees. At Elanco, we’re driven by our vision of food and companionship enriching life – all to advance the health of animals, people and the planet. Learn more at www.elanco.com.
Elanco is an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer and does not discriminate on the basis of age, race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other legally protected status